Monday, September 11, 2006

i remember.


On this hallowed day, we often stop to remember many people who have given their lives. Some have touched us deeply; others we have never met. But all are cared for, all are missed, and all will surely be remembered.
Adam J. Lewis will be no exception.
He was a brother, a son, a father, a husband, and a friend. During his 36 years, Adam lived a full life and touched many others. He was a dedicated father of four, and a wonderful husband to his wife, Patti. He was a hard-working colleague, and a coach to handicapped children. He devoted himself to his family, his friends, and the people he worked with. He was loyal and committed, and at the same time, humble. If he would’ve had to choose, he would’ve picked his family and friends over all of the money and possessions in the world. He didn’t care much for wealth or belongings; all he needed were the people in his life.

For many, Adam was a source of light. Even in his passing, his light still shines and will continue to shine long into the future.


“BROTHER OF MINE, THERE WAS SO LITTLE TIME”
by Pamela Passaretta
That September morning
I will never forget
My little brother Adam
Was stuck in a pit
He was in the second tower
Figuring some stocks out
Watching people fall
Hearing people shout
Helping people get out
He thought that was all
But little did he know
The towers would come down
And all that would remain
Would be his soul
Brother of mine
There was so little time
But we did shine
Kind you were and on the spur
You gave to me
What I can’t forget
The joy to be me – free
Without regret!
That September morning
Was a cold blow
My brother Adam
Became a real hero
He called his wife and children
Talked to his mom
Saying “I Love You” everything's OK
Not to worry
That this was just a crazy day
Brother of mine
There was so little time
But we did shine
Kind you were and on the spur
You gave to me
What I can’t forget
The joy to be me – free
Without regret!
That September morning
I watched it all on CNN
My little brother Adam
Helping others
Till the end

2 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are heartbreaking stories and difficult to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you...

8:56 PM  
Blogger kateandjona said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful words about Adam.

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home